December 8, 2014

Mindfulness

More and more we are hearing people myself included say "Be in the moment" or "Be present" but what heck does it really mean… It means to be grateful for the breathe you just took. To be aware of your surrounding and cherish what is happening in the here and now. Take a moment and think back to your Thanksgiving dinner last week and how many people at the table had their phone out. How many people took at picture of the table and posted it to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler, Snapchat, Pinterest or where else social media has taken over our lives.  How many people where texting during dinner or as soon as dinner was over? I'm sure there was at least one person in everyone's family who had their phone out. This is because we live in a society of instant gratification and contact. We have forgotten how to appreciate the little things in life, such as a meal with out loved ones. We would rather talk to some through an electronic device then face to face. Sorry… I'm going off on a tangent here… back to mindfulness…

A great way to help you live a more mindful life is with mindfulness meditation. Since I brought mindful meditation into my life a few years ago the changes I've seen in myself and my life have been amazing. Below is a great info graph from Health Central which describes mindlessness meditation, the science behind meditation, which I personally find fascinating, and both the mental and physical benefits of meditation.

Tomorrow I will share with you one of my favorite Kundalini meditations for letting go of the ego.

Keep Smiling,
Michelle :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment